The Before & After School Sports (BASS) Coaching Program at Concord High School offers a wide variety of sporting activities before (7:30 - 8:30am) and after (3:15 - 4:15pm) school hours as extra-curricular activities.
All activities are conducted by qualified specialist coaches. The program emphasises skill development, fitness and fun participation at all levels as well as providing the opportunity for students to excel in their chosen area of sporting interest. Students of all ages and abilities are encouraged to join.
"BASS has been great fun, I've made new friends and have had fun practising table tennis with others who also love to play. We get competitive and have challenging activities all the time. I can see that I have improved my game." Year 7 Student.
- BADMINTON A highly experienced and enthusiastic coach runs the badminton sessions. Students will practice shots, serves and game plays while learning the rules of the game. The sessions are run in the school hall and all equipment is provided. Come and learn a new fun game and keep fit at the same time! A fun indoor sport to play!
- BOXING A fun fitness workout. Students will learn correct boxing techniques and participate in fun activities to improve their technique, strength and fitness. Students are coached by a highly qualified boxing and fitness instructor. Great for boys and girls!
- VOLLEYBALL A highly experienced professional Volleyball coach runs this session. Sessions are run in the school hall with all new equipment being used. Students will learn the basic shots, serving, set plays while increasing their fitness in a fun learning environment. A fun indoor sport to play!
- AFL NSW AFL will be running these sessions with qualified and experienced coaches. Students learn the rules and skills to play AFL. They will then build on these each session to develop as the program runs, in a structured learning environment. No experience necessary, all levels catered for. Come and try something different.Introductory price of only $35!
- FUTSAL (Indoor Soccer) Students are trained by a qualified futsal/soccer coach who has represented Australia in futsal. The program focuses on drills and activities to improve students' skill level and understanding of the game. Passing, footwork, shooting, defence/attach strategies are focused on. A great session for enthusiastic and interested soccer/futsal players.
- BASKETBALL A fun session for students of all levels of skill from beginner to advanced. Students participate in activities to develop their shooting, dribbling, passing, defence and attack strategies. Game played at end to practice each session's skills. Qualified and experienced coach.
- STRENGTH & FITNESS PROGRAM A dedicated and enthusiastic professional trainer coaches students through a variety of fitness activities each week. Students are trained through a number of fun and effective individual, pair and group activities. All levels of fitness are catered for. Training sessions vary weekly and include a number of aims including; improved fitness, increased strength and increased power etc.
- TENNIS A very popular program. Students attend a fun coaching session at Cintra Tennis Park. Students are coached by professional tennis coaches. All skill levels from beginner to advanced are catered for. Get in quick!
- TABLE TENNIS A very popular program. Students are coached by a professional table tennis coach. Students practice and develop serving, shots & game strategies during their fun lessons. Students are provided with all equipment using a newly bought table tennis tables, bats and balls. Minimum 6 students maximum 16 students. Get your application & payment in quick to secure a spot!
- DANCE Students are trained by a professional dance instructor. Students practice a variety of types of dance including: contemporary, jazz, modern and hip hop. Students learn a variety of dance techniques and steps while working on a dance routine each term. Students develop a dance routine in the schools theatrette facility. A fun morning physical activity.