Technological and applied studies (TAS) is mandatory for all students in Year 7 and 8. Students can also select from a range of elective TAS subjects.
In TAS, students develop knowledge, understanding and skills through a design and production process using a range of tools, materials and techniques in theory and practical lessons.
The continuum of technology learning is:
- mandated from Kindergarten to Year 8 through Science and Technology K-6 and Technology Mandatory Years 7-8 syllabuses
- based on students becoming increasingly sophisticated in their ability to apply knowledge, skills and understanding to design and produce solutions
- optional for student specialisation in high school through a range of syllabuses addressing particular technologies and aspects of design.
Available courses include:
- Technology Mandatory Years 7-8
- Agricultural Technology Years 7-10
- Design and Technology Years 7-10
- Food Technology Years 7-10
- Graphics Technology Years 7-10
- Industrial Technology Years 7-10
- Information and Software Technology Years 7-10
- Textiles Technology Years 7-10
- Agriculture Stage 6
- Design and Technology Stage 6
- Engineering Studies Stage 6
- Food Technology Stage 6
- Industrial Technology Stage 6
- Information Processes and Technology Stage 6
- Software Design and Development Stage 6
- Textiles and Design Stage 6.
In the Technological & Applied Studies Faculty, the staff are focused on presenting innovative approaches to learning through the implementation of quality teaching principles. The process of design is embedded in all of our teaching and learning programs and the integration of technology is a key focus in all of our courses offered across our broad curricula.